Friday, March 15, 2013

Week Three, day three

So this week is the start of phase three for me. Which means I have begun wearing a massive knee brace containing three metal bars designed to completely stop my knee from bending. And trust me, it definitely works. As of right now I have to talk all stairs one at at a time, which means I take three times as long to get up a flight of stairs as all of my friends. And to boot I have to prop my leg up in class because it sticks straight out. Sitting in a lecture hall with tight seating is not easy if your leg doesn't bend let me tell you.

This week has caused a lot of stress and frustration because I often have to go out of my way to find a way around stairs. Some places it's taken me five to ten minutes just to find the elevator, not counting the time it takes for it to get to me. Walking across campus wasn't much harder than it normally is, but I had to almost drag my foot across the ground because I can't bend it up like you normally would to walk. I'm glad I'm only in one brace this time around though because it gives me at least some semblance or normality.

~Krisen

1 comment:

  1. Many individuals with fop have their hip impacted before their knees, especially when looking at full immobility.

    ReplyDelete